Friday, December 26, 2008

Feliz Navidad! The Christmas Play.



The Christmas play was awesome! We had so much fun making costumes, painting, hanging flyers with the kids, and just being with the kids. The play was really a success, we are not positive about the number that attended but the preacher believed there was over 400 people from the community in attendence. Afterwards the members of the church fed everyone rice, chicken and tortillas. I think we have started a new Christmas tradition in Mogote.
Christmas went well for us too. We shared the day with Amber and Darwin and exchanged gifts with each other. We missed our families, it is tough being away, but being with our new added family here really made it easier. Amber cooked ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, chocolate cake, and cheese cake, I made a corn casserole, and Will made his famous magic bars all in two toaster ovens and it was amazing. All in all we had a good Christmas.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I thought you told me there were about 400 local people at the play & then I saw the stage & room where you had the play & thought "No way they had that many, I must have of misunderstood!" That is great!

The kids look so cute & happy in their costumes!

Tamara said...

Interesting...I guess the peace sign is a universal symbol. The sign with three fingers up is the sign for The Trinity I'am guessing. Do your kids sing the traditional "3 in 1" song?