Thursday, September 11, 2008

HONDURAS!

We are in Honduras now! I will try to get some pictures up soon. Things are going well, we are getting settled in, finally found where I had packed everything. We are learning our way around the culture for example, where things are in the grocery store, like the juevos (eggs) are on the non-refridgerated aisle 3 with the flour... :)

Church in Mogote (Nueva EspaƱa) was good last night. Jairo, the preacher, was sick. Darwin (one of Amber´s boys) led singing, then we went with him to the children´s class. It was so cool to see how much he has grown up in the last couple years. The kids in the class really seemed to like him and respect him, it was encouraging for us to see.

My new name here in Honduras is Raquel, I think it is pretty cool anyway, and easier for people to say. We are still working on a name for Will. Maybe we´ll bring back Trey from when he was little. We´ll see what sticks.

We´ll try to keep this updated as much as we find time to be on the internet.

We are excited to be here. Thanks for all your prayers.

3 comments:

jessica said...

I thought huevos were eggs? Either way I don't think I will be eating eggs when we visit. Why are they not refridgerated!!

I always liked Trey bring it back! I also like Raquel. What would my name be? It was Jasmina in Spanish class in high school.

Antrikins said...

You can be whatever you want to be, Yessica.

Jenn said...

jessice i think you are right, its huevos. looks like that spanish studying is really paying off!

Dudley said he is thinking about coming down during christmas this year... what a great time to go, but i think my parents would kill me. :)