Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I did not expect to find in Honduras:

Things I did not expect to find in Honduras: 80s soft rock from the US is really popular, there is Wal-Mart, and mullets are cool.

One of the things that we have learned in our HIM classes was that we should try to fit in with the culture and “be all things to all men”. So we listen to Michael Jackson, shop at Wal-Mart, and Will let Darwin give him a hair cut…

I can say no more, you only need to see it. In this example a picture is well worth a thousand words :). My husband is a good sport.


Yes, wow.

7 comments:

jessica said...

Oh my goodness! Now selling everything and moving to a foreign country is one thing, but this is true commitment Will!

Hope you don't try to get Jonathan to do the same when we visit!

Love you guys!

jessica said...

I love the video. It made me miss you guys so much! Try posting more of those.

Tamara said...

I don't know, but that looks more like a combo mullet & Mohawk!

William, William, when you were in Kindegarden, you wanted a Mohawk so bad & of course, I wouldn't let you get one. So, what do you do the first thing when you leave the country?...

Tamara said...

Dad said he thinks you look more like "Mr. T." than Honduran. All you need now is some big gold bling!

Julie said...

Now when you come back to Oklahoma to visit you can feel right at home at Stroud Lake! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Wal-mart... I think you guys will be just fine there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!! Mark Avila here from Park Plaza Church of Christ. Your blog is GREAT!! Some good stuff!! Cant say that i know ya all that well but i know it takes huevos to get a mullet and then post it where the whole world can see it. No hiding from it now. So i was wondering... is the Walmart there like the Walmart here? Do they sell the same stuff? Is it a super center?