Friday, September 19, 2008

Pollolandia

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Yesterday was independence day in Honduras so we didn’t go to work up in Mogote because we were advised that most of the roads would be closed. Darwin and Ariel were in the parade that went from the mall multiplaza all the way to the stadium that we watched on TV.

Today we went back to work in Mogote to keep working on the wall. There are five boys, along with Darwin, that have been helping us everyday ranging in ages from 7-12 named, Josue, Ariel, Joel, Cristian, and Wilson. Today when we left for lunch we took them with us to Pollolandia (chicken land) at the bottom of the mountain. I used to think that I knew how to clean my plate, but these boys made me feel wasteful, they didn’t leave anything, not ketchup packets (those were dessert), a couple didn’t even leave bones.

These boys at lunch made me want to be more like Paul who “learned to content whatever the circumstances.” I have a lot of room to grow in this area of being content in every situation. I have seen that Hondurans don’t complain about much of anything and I could learn a lot from them.

No comments: